Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fruit Fly Solution

If your baby is like mine you have a constant supply of ripe bananas which means you likely also have. . . fruit flies! Well, I stumbled across a great solution. I had a wine bottle that was emptied but of course as it set there by the sink waiting to be recycled a little more wine pooled in the bottom. I few days later I went to rinse the bottle, and to my surprise there were many fruit flies floating in the wine. I assume the sweet wine attracted them into the bottle and then they couldn't find their way out. A lucky coincidence for me. Unfortunately I had already poured what was in the bottle out before I realized what has happened. Since then I have refilled the bottle with a little sugar and apple cider vinegar, this doesn't work quiet as well as the wine however but will work in a pinch. What a cheap and easy solution! Hope it works for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment