Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's for Lunch?

I was talking to another toddler mom who mentioned how hard it is to come up with lunch ideas, and I completely agree, so easy to get into a routine that uses the same foods over and over. I gave some suggestions and then thought I'd start posting some of our lunches here. It may help keep me out of a rut too, if I know other people are reading what I am cooking. So here we go....

Today my son and I had fried rice. I had some left over brown rice from dinner and wanted to use it. I totaly meant to take a photo to post, but we ate it all before I remembered to do that.

Here's what I did:

I made some of Trader Joes Organic Foursome (frozen carrots, peas, green beans, and corn)
I melted butter in a skillet
Fried 2 eggs in the butter
added the cooked veggies to the skillet
added a little olive oil
added some frozen spinach
and of course the rice
mixed and cooked until hot
yummy
(I left soy sauce off the dish, but added a little to my own serving)

My son also had a side serving of bananas (for a fruit and to give one thing I'd know he'd eat) and milk to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment