Monday, August 24, 2009

California Babies: My favorite baby skin care line


I love California Babies products.

Let me tell you why.

When my son was born I was desperately trying to find a product with no fragrance (especially after the stinky pampers we had, I was just done with the perfumed baby products). When I was looking I quickly realized I needed a natural product. Many of those still add fragrance and also had nut oils, something else I wanted to avoid (duh, if I'm still not feeding my toddler nuts why would I have been willing to rub it into his skin as an infant). Finally I came across the California Babies line and especially their "Super Sensitive" products. All California Babies products are free from common allergens (nuts, gluten, soy, oats, dairy) and the super sensitive products are also fragrance free. Also they are free of the "tear free" numbing agents which I had heard bad things about. Here are the benefits of the super sensitive wash as listed on California Babies website.
  • Contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients
  • No fragrance, scent masking agents, clear formula chemicals, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, or DEA
  • Safe and gentle, no tears; no numbing agents.
  • Non-irritating and non-chemical formula
  • For people with allergies and those who cannot tolerate fragrance
  • May be used by those following a homeopathic regimen
  • Two products in one; use head-to-toe
  • Great for babies, kids or adults with super sensitive skin
  • Non-stripping of natural oils
Now another reason I love this line. Over Christmas my son got sick-- diarrhea-- bad, bad diarrhea. We switched to disposables when he was going through over 1 diaper an hour, we just couldn't keep up with the cloth. I luckily had my California Babies diaper cream on hand and used it on his poor little bum. Can you believe it, with all the diarrhea, all the diaper changes, my son never got diaper rash. We ended up in the hospital for fluids and even the nurses were amazed. (We were released the next day and fully recovered, thank you). I just think a diaper rash would have made a bad situation worse and I think it was using the right product that made the difference.


Also, I just found that the California Babies sunscreen is on list of top rated sunscreen by the environemental working group, and are "recommended" products. See more here.

Needless to say I highly recommend these products.

Pictured is the California Babies founder and mom

Products available at Target, Whole Foods, Amazon, Diapers.com, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment