Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why I started a Blog




Well, two things happened to me last week that made me think, wow I have stuff to share with other mamas. The first is the fact that I got $71 worth of groceries for just $17! I have to say I was amazed at myself. Then I got an email from a friend and new mama saying “Awesome, Awesome, Awesome advice.” After these two incidents I thought…well….why not. So here is my blog. Hope you enjoy. Here is a little about me and a taste of what my blog will be about.

I’ve lived in St. Louis for 3 years now. Not being from this area I had to figure a lot of things out on my own, and I still have lots to learn. If you’re new to St. Louis this, blog is for you.

I’m the stay-at-home mama of an 18-month old little boy. He is full of energy and very sweet. I am so blessed to have him. If you have a toddler, this blog is for you.

I try to live a “green” lifestyle. I compost. I recycle. I buy organic and natural products when I can. If you’re interested in raising you child “green” or even just upping your own greenest a little bit, this blog is for you.

I cook. I’m no expert but I cook. I do not buy my family processed foods. I want them to eat a balanced diet of nutritious whole foods, local and/or organic when possible. I belong to a CSA (community shared agriculture) and love the unexpected produce that I receive and have to figure out what to do with. I am a vegetarian myself, but my husband and son are not. I made all my own baby food when we needed that too. As one of my friends said about the baby food market “it’s just a big scam.” If you like to feed your family real food, this blog is for you.
p.s. about the pink carnation. .. Taken from http://www.geocities.com/gratim98/langlist.htm "Pink carnations have the most symbolic and historical significance. According to Christian legend, carnations first appeared on Earth as Jesus carried the Cross. It was then that the Mary shed tears at Jesus' plight Legend tells us that and carnations grew from where her tears fell. It was for this reason that the pink carnation became the symbol of a mother's undying love. In 1907 it was chosen by Ann Jarvis as the emblem of Mother's Day, now observed in the United States and Canada on the second Sunday in May."

No comments:

Post a Comment