Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Outing: Missouri Botanical Garden's Children's Garden

Saturday we took our first trip to the Children’s Garden. I have to say it was great fun. A good experience for our 18 month old, though I’m not sure if children much younger would get too much out of it. I do think it will be a good outing for years to come which is exciting; it just seems like great place for children of all ages. Though I did not think too much of their “spray” area, which is fine considering all the nice parks that have them. I was surprised at both how large the area was and how much there was to do there. Slather on the sunscreen and go out to give this one a try, the children's garden closes for the season October 31. We had a great time and hope you will too.

Members get into the Children’s Garden free all day Tuesday and until noon on Saturday. Our garden membership has definitely paid off, the best thing is with not paying admission each time I feel I can go for shorter amounts of time than if I paid for each visit (which is key when you have a little one). You can find more information about visiting the gardens here http://www.mobot.org/visit/hours.asp and about the children’s garden here http://www.mobot.org/finn/

Bottom line: Highly recommended my both my son and me

No comments:

Post a Comment