Saturday, August 22, 2009

Product Review: First Years "Take and Toss" Products

OK, I admit, these are not the "greenest" products on the planet. I had refused to buy then even as a gift from others' registries. But as all my nuby sippy spouts had cracked and broken I had to find a replacement and we were about to go on a trip so I thought I'd give these a try. Of course I wanted something BPA free and this line is. And I have to say I like them. They hold up well to washing so I don't have to participate in the "toss" part until he is really done with them. And if one does get lost it is no big deal since they are fairly inexpensive. Also nice about the cups is that they are simple--cup & lid--no valves or extra parts (to annoy grandparents with). Now I have the spouted cups, the cups with straws, and a few bowls with lids. Great for home use and for travel. When you're done (out grown or completely worn out), they can be recycled. So bottom line is they are not the evil product I had previously viewed them as and I am happy to own them (and would even buy them off a registry).

No comments:

Post a Comment